Data. Data. Data. You hear about it all the time… Whether it be the daily growth of people visiting your website, the number of purchases yesterday in your store, or the time it takes your website to load on average. There are numbers and analysis ALL OVER THE PLACE. And yes, it can get really, really difficult to continue paying attention to the right metrics. I mean, how many times have you been sitting in a meeting and heard someone go, “I need these numbers to make sense.”?
Yep, me too. So instead of trying to make some random blog post where I explain some random metrics and why you need to pay attention to them, I’d rather list out a significant amount of statistics related to businesses, both small and large, and bring it right to you.
Did you know…
- The average attention span has fallen from 20 seconds to 8 seconds (Source: Wyzol)
- The average time on a website is less than 10-15 seconds
- 45% of consumers will unfollow a brand if their activity is dominated by self-promotion.
- Consistent presentation of a brand increases revenue by 23% on average.
- 90% of customers are affected by online reviews
- One-third of internet users follow brands on social
- 35% of small business owners feel that their business is too small for a website.
- 92% of all online feedback is considered positive, followed by 6% neutral, and 2% negative.
- It’s estimated that by the year 2040, 95% of purchases will be through eCommerce.
- Loyal customers are worth up to 10x as much after they make their first purchase.
- 18% of local mobile searches lead to a sale within one day.
- 25% of small businesses have no idea what their lead generation conversion rates are.
- Content marketing gets 3x the leads per dollar spent when compared to paid search efforts.
- Small businesses with blogs get 126% more lead growth than those without.
- Marketers prioritizing blogging see 13x the positive ROI.
- Organic traffic improves by up to 157% with added video content.
- 45% of people watch more than an hour of Facebook or YouTube videos a week.
- 52% of marketers claim that video content is the type of content with the best ROI.
- People tend to stay on webpages 2.6x longer if there’s video content.
- Email personalization generates a 26% increase in open rates.
- Approximately 53% of emails are opened on mobile devices; of those opens, 23% of people will re-open the same email again later.
- You can expect up to a 760% increase in revenue generated by segmenting your email campaigns.
- Including a call to action button instead of a link boosts conversion rates by as much as 28%.
- 61% of consumers prefer to be contacted by brands via email.
- If your social posts are visual, they’re 40x as likely to get shared on social media.
- 25% of U.S. shoppers consult social media before buying a gift.
- 78% of small businesses attract new customers and engage existing ones using social media.
- Online stores with a social presence have an average of 32% more sales than those that don’t.
- 86% of people look up the location of a business on Google Maps.
- 90% of searchers haven’t made their mind up about a brand before starting their search.
- 84% of people will not make a purchase if they are dealing with an unsecured website.
There’s a lot of numbers above… But I’d be lying if I told you that many of them aren’t important to your business. The truth is that they are. The world is changing by the way and so is the world of marketing, sales, and operations. If we don’t pay attention to the data, the data will leave us behind.